Hello!! Since the last time I posted on here, I have started a new blog!! Click here to see it! I have started making, and even selling friendship bracelets, which you can see there, and you can also contact me about buying one!! 🙂 🙂 So, go over there and check it out!! 🙂 🙂
Recently I went to my friends’ house. They had a bunch of nice craft paper and paint, and I had brought some clipboards, so we each decorated a clipboard with their stuff and the clipboards I brought!
One of my friends made a chalkboard with chalkboard paint, and my other friend made a clipboard with strips of paper in triangles with cut-outs of flowers in between them. I used some pretty paper and paint that they had, after they helped me pick it out!
Our clipboards are a good example of pure “Epic Awesomeness”! Here are the pics of mine!
All you do to make one is you get a clipboard and stuff to decorate it with, (magazines, paper, photos, paint, etc.) and Mod Podge!
You just glue the stuff on with mod podge, then you paint over it with mod podge! I hope you enjoy it if you make one for yourself!
Last night, I worked three whole hours on finishing this bag. I had to knit 24″ with 60 st. on the needles, so it was a very big project, with a new stitch that I hadn’t ever done before, so it ended up taking me about a year to complete. I have to say I am glad I made it, and I am glad it’s done, but I don’t think I am going to make another bag like it anytime soon, ’cause it was so big.
Yesterday, I finished the first gathered garment I have ever made! I made a 5-tiered skirt. It took a whole 365 days! Last fall, I started the cutting out process, and then the sewing. It helps when you thread the machine right. I have a Singer 1507, and it works well except when you thread it wrong. And if that happens, the thread bunches up in the back of the work, which gets kinda irritating. So if you get it learn how to thread it correctly. : D
Here is the finished picture of the skirt!
FYI, happybuzzyness has an updated About Page. Don’t forget to see it!
On March 26, 2012, I turned 11 years old!!!!!!!!
I couldn’t wait to have a birthday! The day before the day before my birthday, Mom took me out to supper, and we got the supplies for my cake. I would be making a Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake! That night when we got home, Mom and I made a cake.
How to make a Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
I got this recipe from George Greary’s 125 Best Cheesecake Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie (Oreo) crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 3 packages (each 8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla (we use our homemade vanilla, made from potato vodka and vanilla beans, but we do NOT drink it!)
- Whipped cream to ice top of cake
- 1/2 cup chocolate shavings (we used bittersweet chocolate chips and grated them in a cheese grater!)
Now that you know what you need, let’s begin with the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F, or 180 Degrees Celsius.
- CRUST: In medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
- FILLING: In a small saucepan over a high heat, bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate in a bowl and and stir until blended. Set aside in the freezer until very firm. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high heat for three minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add cocoa powder, flour, sour cream, and vanilla. Using a spoon, scrape firm chocolate mixture into small pieces and fold into batter. Pour over frozen crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is light brown. Cool on a rack for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours before decorating.
- DECORATION: Ice top of cake with whipped cream around top of cake. Top with chocolate shavings.
It turned out to be delicious, and on my birthday, I went home with my Grandparents for the week.!!
Hannah, my older sister of 15, got a Henna Kit for Christmas. It is really cool, and she has already done three designs on me. She did a flower on one hand, Philippians 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me) on the other hand, and a lizard on my foot. Here are some of the pics!